With summer around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about swimsuits. Whether you’re planning on spending time at the beach or lounging by the pool, you want to make sure your swimsuit is clean and well-maintained. However, washing a swimsuit is not the same as washing regular clothes. Here are some tips on how to properly wash your swimsuit and keep it looking great all summer long.
- Rinse it off: After wearing your swimsuit, rinse it off with cold water to remove any saltwater, chlorine, or sunscreen residue. Do not use hot water, as it can damage the fabric and cause fading.
- Hand wash: Hand washing is the best way to clean a swimsuit. Fill a sink or basin with cool water and add a small amount of gentle detergent. Gently swirl the swimsuit in the water for a few minutes, paying special attention to any areas with stains or discoloration.
- Avoid wringing or twisting: Never wring or twist your swimsuit to remove excess water. Instead, gently press the swimsuit against the sink or basin to remove as much water as possible.
- Lay flat to dry: Do not put your swimsuit in the dryer or hang it up to dry. Instead, lay it flat on a clean towel and let it air dry. Direct sunlight can cause fading, so make sure to dry it in a shaded area.
- Avoid dry cleaning: Do not dry clean your swimsuit, as the chemicals used can damage the fabric.
- Rotate your swimsuits: To extend the life of your swimsuit, it’s a good idea to rotate it with other swimsuits throughout the summer. This will give each swimsuit a chance to rest and prevent wear and tear.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your swimsuit looking great all summer long. Remember to always read the care instructions on your swimsuit, as some fabrics may require special care. With a little care and attention, your swimsuit can last for many summers to come.